Monday, 16 December 2013

Worship - how others do it.

When I have a chance, which is not often, I like to see how other denominations worship God. Having been brought up in a middle of the road Anglican Church, experienced evangelical and charismatic worship, I wanted to look at how other Christians worship to see if I can learn anything from them. So a few weeks ago I sat in on a Roman Catholic midweek Mass and soaked up the silence and the remains of the aroma of incense and must say that I enjoyed the measured devotion of the service with its recognizable liturgical shape and its gentle ritual and deep reverence. Looking further afield I have looked Eastern Orthodox worship and was struck by the explanation behind it. So here is a video of an Orthodox priest talking about his latest book and Orthodox worship. Food for thought.

No comments:

John Wesley and the call to faith

John Wesley was almost in despair. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and ...