Thursday, 7 March 2013

Selah - Pausing and Thinking

I'm sorry but I have had to change my blog title yet again as I discovered recently that the old one - like the ones before - was already in use. So to avoid confusion I have changed it - for what i hope will be the last time - to Selah - Pause and Think.

Why? Selah (Hebrew: סֶלָה‎, also transliterated as selāh) is a word used 74 times in the Hebrew Bible – 71 times in the Psalms and 3 times in Habakkuk – and is a difficult concept to translate. It is probably either a liturgico-musical mark or an instruction on the reading of the text, something like "stop and listen". Selah can also be used to indicate that there is to be a musical interlude at that point in the Psalm. The Amplified Bible translates selah as "pause, and think of that".

So the blog is me pausing and thinking of various things from a Christian perspective in the hope that others will join me too.

No comments:

Thy Kingdom Come 2017