Monday, 11 March 2013

Fully Alive


I was struck by the following poem which is a call to action - to seize the day. As someone once said "Faith is spelled R.I.S.K, which is what Abraham did when he left Harran and set out for the Promised Land.

I will not die an unlived life.
I will not live in fear
of falling or catching fire.
I choose to inhabit my days,
to allow my living to open me,
to make me less afraid,
more accessible,
to loosen my heart
until it becomes a wing,
a torch, a promise.
I choose to risk my significance;
to live so that which came to me as seed
goes to the next as blossom
and that which came to me as blossom,
goes on as fruit.

fully alive - dawna markova
© Dawna Markova

No comments:

John Wesley and the call to faith

John Wesley was almost in despair. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and ...