Tuesday, 7 June 2011

Reinventing the wheel

It's been a long time since my last blog entry partly because there has been so much work in the parish and partly because I have been a little burnt out writing other things like sermons, short talks, magazine articles etc.. I make it a policy to preach at every funeral and baptsim and most weddings as well as every midweek service (we have two) and I hate repeating a sermon at one of the services if I know that there are some present from the first one. So I am, I suppose making a rod for my own back, but there you go. That's me. Also, unlike some of my contemporaries, I don't have A baptism sermon or A funeral one or A wedding one which I repeat at every service, again, for fear I may be boring someone who has heard it before.

The long and short of this blog entry therefore is to say that I will be including transcripts of sermons and talks which I have already given, albeit in a revised form. I hope they will be of interest to those who read them

No comments:

John Wesley and the call to faith

John Wesley was almost in despair. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and ...