Monday, 3 January 2011

One Year Bible 2011

A belated Happy New Year to those who read this blog. I know New year's resolutions are, by definition, almost bound to fail, but for what it's worth here is (one of) mine. I have resolved to read the Bible through this year with the help of the excellent resources at Holy Trinity Brompton whose helpful website is here. You can either buy the one year bible (click here for the right version) or go to the website and follow the prescribed readings as well as Nicky Gumbel's excellent comments. As well as being a good source for your own devotions there are also lots of ideas for sermons/talks (don't forget to attribute them if you do).

For what they are worth I am aiming to try and add my own comments over the weeks (we'll see how long this resolution lasts) as a record of my thoughts for anyone interested.

1 comment:

Geoffrey said...

My name is Geoff and I represent www.ClassicalConnect.com, a virtual concert hall and the biggest searchable collection of classical music on the Internet.

All our performances are either uploaded by professional musicians or sent to us by those who own legal rights for those performances. We feature over 2000 performances of classical music masterpieces and that number is constantly growing.

I came across your site and thought you might be interested in either exchanging links, or finding some other mutually beneficial opportunities. I am open to your suggestions and look forward to your reply.

Best Regards,
Business Development
www.ClassicalConnect.com
gwgegen@gmail.com

How do you grow a church?

How can you take a dying church and make it grow again? That is a $64,000 question hundreds of struggling ministers would love to know the...