Friday, 14 August 2009

I am a Christian

I accidentally came across a blogspot called (I think) 'Live life as if..' (the link is below). When I read the 'About me' link I came across this passage which I thought was really well written. It's a good description about what a Christian is and its free from the kind of triumphalism which is, sadly, the mark of some Christianity today:

"I am a Christian!!! When I say ... I am a Christian, I'm not shouting "I am saved." I'm whispering "I get lost" That is why I chose this way. When I say ... I am a Christian, I don't speak of this with pride. I'm confessing that I stumble and need someone to be my guide. When I say ... I am a Christian, I'm not trying to be strong. I'm professing that I am weak and pray for strength to carry on. When I say ... I am a Christian, I'm not bragging of success. I'm admitting I have failed and cannot ever pay the debt When I say ... I am a Christian, I'm not claiming to be perfect. My flaws are too visible but God believes I'm worth it. When I say ... I am a Christian, I still feel the sting of pain. I have my share of heartaches which is why I seek HIS name. When I say ... I am a Christian, I do not wish to judge. I have no authority I only know I'm loved." http://reflectionjourney.blogspot.com/

No comments:

John Wesley and the call to faith

John Wesley was almost in despair. He did not have the faith to continue to preach. When death stared him in the face, he was fearful and ...